Organizers & Partners
The AgriTech4Morocco Innovation Challenge is an initiative organized by the CGIAR Accelerate for Impact Platform and IMPACT Lab with the support of the Digital Development Partnership (DDP), administered by the World Bank Group, and in partnership with the Moroccan Ministry of Agriculture, Maritime Fisheries, Rural Development and Water and Forests (MAPMDREF), Pôle d’Agriculture Digitale, and GIZ.
One CGIAR works for a world with sustainable and resilient food, land, and water systems that deliver diverse, healthy, safe, sufficient, and affordable diets, and ensure improved livelihoods and greater social equality, within planetary and regional environmental boundaries. Our mission is to deliver science and innovation that advance the transformation of food, land, and water systems in a climate crisis. One CGIAR is the integration of CGIAR’s capabilities, knowledge, assets, people, and global presence for a new era of interconnected and partnership-driven research towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Accelerate for Impact Platform
The Accelerate for Impact Platform (A4IP) is a venture space that builds on CGIAR’s legacy of Research and Innovation to support both incremental and transformational innovation by bridging science and entrepreneurship to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges at the nexus of agriculture, environment, and health. A4IP incubates and accelerates science-based innovations by valorizing existing or dormant research products in the precommercial-stage. A4IP connects CGIAR science with the innovation ecosystem and funds the most visionary teams to leverage scientific creativity through collaborations and cross pollination of knowledge to co-design novel breakthrough solutions for sustainable agriculture and climate action. A4IP generates both impact and the resources needed to support continued research in pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals.
IMPACT Lab is a startup and innovation accelerator that supports start-ups, corporates, and public institutions to help them address their growth challenges in Africa through innovation. IMPACT Lab offers innovation consulting, operational support of internal innovation dynamics projects, and acceleration of innovative projects. IMPACT Lab aspires to support the development of new economic and social models by bridging between startups, public institutions, corporates, and research institutes through collaborative innovation.
Ministry of Agriculture
Moroccan Ministry of Agriculture, Maritime Fisheries, Rural Development and Water and Forests
The Ministry of Agriculture, Maritime Fisheries, Rural Development and Water and Forests (MAPMDREF) – Department of Agriculture – is responsible for developing and implementing government policy in the agricultural field.
The Department of agriculture is also responsible, subject to the attributions devolved to other ministerial departments, of the other missions such as:
- Defining and implementing government’s agricultural development policy;
- Studying and developing intervention strategy aiming at improving and restructuring the agricultural structures;
- Taking the necessary steps to rationalize the use of water resources for irrigation;
- Developing and implementing government policy in the field of the promotion of agricultural production and ensuring the upgrading of professional agricultural organizations within the framework of production chains;
- Encouraging investment in the agricultural sector;
- Developing legal and regulatory texts related to agricultural activities;
- Collecting, analyzing and disseminating agricultural statistics and information;
- Defining and implementing the strategy in the areas of agricultural higher education, agricultural research and agricultural technical and professional training;
- Developing government policy on the safety of plants, animals and food products throughout the national territory and at its borders.
Projet Pôle d'Agriculture Digitale
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH as a service provider for international cooperation for sustainable development and international educational work, supports the German Federal Government in achieving its goals for international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ is committed to a decent future all over the world and has 50 years of experience in a wide range of fields, from economic and employment promotion to peace and security and energy and environmental issues. GIZ enjoys the trust of all its clients, customers and cooperation partners, who entrust it with the development, concrete planning and implementation of ideas for political, social and economic change. For its clients and constituents and together with its partners, GIZ is currently working on 1,500 projects in 120 countries around the world.
Agripole Innovation Meknes - AGRINOVA
– Upgrading the agricultural upstream of the region’s leading sectors
– Strengthening the value of agricultural products
– Promoting and encouraging the digitalization of the agro-industrial sector and green technology
– Diversification: bioenergy and value-added co-products